Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bridal Shower Cakes

This was a white cake filled with my signature mocha frosting. It served 40 people. Pick-up was the night before the shower, so I had to keep the fondant bow separate to keep it from getting limp. All the hostess had to do was peel it off of the waxed paper and place it on top of the cake before the shower. Peel'n'stick!

This is still one of my favorite cakes. I love the basket-weave technique, and I made the "leaves" around the strawberries by painting dark and white chocolate on the back of clean rose leaves and then peeling them off when hardened...so the veins from the real leaf were imprinted on the chocolate. If I remember correctly, this was a white cake with strawberry filling...perfect for the summer bridal shower!


I made this cake over five years ago. The colors aren't as popular anymore, but I like the over-all design of the cake. It would be stunning with a two-tone theme...maybe a dark frosting and white flowers.