Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Shower Cakes

Definitely my largest baby shower cake...this served about 160 people. I was at a wedding a month previous and the bride had a beautiful chocolate wedding cake with pink Gerbera daisies in between...so fresh and original! I immediately knew what my next cake would look like. :)

I love cupcakes for showers! This is my home-made version of Hostess cupcakes...the centers are filled and I finished them with a delicious chocolate glaze. I stacked these serving plates at the shower, but forgot to take a picture!


This cake was used for a game...the guests had to guess how many times you could spell the word Baby with the blocks on the cake. (they were on the sides too)



One of my favorite Baby Boy shower cakes!



This was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.



Winnie the Pooh makes a great theme when the gender of a baby is a mystery! The cake for the bear was made with a 3D Wilton Cake pan. This served 70 people.